Schedule for Thursday, 4/2/2020
11:30 a.m.: Organ Meditations*
4:30 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.: Confessions at St. Mathias
5:30 p.m.: Daily Mass*
Mass will be live-streamed at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 10:00 a.m. Sunday until Public Masses resume.
Click here to submit your contribution electronically & help us continue our mission!
(Note: When you process a transaction for electronic giving, enter a future start date. Example: Today is 03/27/20, enter a start date of 03/28/20.)
Reconciliation times are listed on our calendar
Click here for a guide on How to Pray the TV Mass from Home.
"Come Holy Spirit" Prayer
(Click the image to download a copy of the prayer)
Prayer to St. Corona in a Time of Epidemic
Lord Jesus Christ, You came into this world for our salvation. Look kindly on us now, we pray, that we, and all those who serve You, might be kept safe from this epidemic.
Heal those who are sick, comfort the suffering, bring back those who have gone astray, and above all, increase our faith, O Lord.
Who is St. Corona? Click here to find out.
Letter from Fr. Daniel
March 23, 2020
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Last week, the Diocese of Duluth issued directives for parish activities during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. As painful as it is to say, starting Friday March 20th, all public Masses have been suspended as well as other gatherings of 10 or more people. Fr. Bissonette, our Diocesan Administrator, wrote that it has become necessary to enact these temporary measures in our Diocese, beginning March 20, 2020 through April 20, 2020. If necessary, this date may be extended. However, should the situation improve more quickly, these measures would be lifted at that time.”
During this time, I will be offering Mass each day privately. SUNDAY MASSES will be streamed online.
We will continue to connect with you, providing many daily Masses, Stations of the Cross, and other spiritual resources, via our YouTube channel and Facebook page, and website www.blccsouth.org. Links can be found on our website. Please “like” our Facebook page and please subscribe to our YouTube channel so you can be alerted when we begin streaming or post new content! And please consider sending us your email address if you have not already been receiving updates from us via email. Contact [email protected] (If you do not have Internet access and require notice by phone or physical mail, please call us at 218-829-1340 and request to be put on a mailing or call list.)
- Church Buildings will remain OPEN during normal opening hours so that you may come to pray privately before Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament.
- Confessions will be available at the regular times. We will consider additional times, too.
- Anointing of the Sick will be available as usual.
- Faith Formation for Pre-K through 12: We are developing a plan to offer formation online & resources for use at home during this time. Please watch your email for updates if you have a student in faith formation.
- Adult Prayer and Bible Study Groups: We are identifying the best option to host virtual meetings.
- Parish Office hours will remain as usual. Most staff will be working remotely, but the front desk will be open.
- The Adoration Chapel will be closed until further notice. The faithful are welcome to pray in our churches, where Jesus is present in the tabernacle:
- St. Andrew’s main entrance is open Monday through Friday 8:30 am – 1:30 pm (we will consider additional opening hours - TBD).
- St. Mathias’ side door is open 7:00 am – 9:00 pm daily.
- St. Francis Church is open 8:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
- Online Giving: Since our mission as a church continues, our staff salaries and utility bills continue in this time. Please consider online or automatic giving options on our website, https://www.blccsouth.org/Giving Contributions can always be dropped off or mailed to the parish office at 1108 Willow Street, Brainerd MN 56401. If you need assistance, please contact [email protected], or call 218-829-1340.
Let us keep each other in prayer in this difficult time. As we work to flatten the curve of the virus, let us raise the bar on love for God and love for neighbor. Do take care of yourself and family. Check on elderly and high-risk neighbors. They may be in need of supplies and unable to leave their home. Be a leader at work and in your community by following the social distancing guidelines. Watch for additional information on opportunities to help. The Church remains a communion of believers united in the love of Jesus, even when we are not physically together. May God bless you all!
Yours in Christ,
Fr. Daniel Weiske
*NOTE: For current events, please check the Parish Calendar, which we will update regularly.
Prayer of Spiritual Communion:
(To be prayed especially if you cannot receive Communion)
My Jesus, I believe that you are in the Blessed Sacrament. I love you above all things, and I long for you in my soul. Since I cannot now receive you sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. As though you have already come, I embrace you and unite myself entirely to you; never permit me to be separated from you. Amen. - St. Alphonsus de Liguori
FORMED: This service provides Catholic content to help parishes, families and individuals explore their faith anywhere. It supports thousands of movies, ebooks, audio, etc. direct to your browser, mobile, or connected device. Visit: https://formed.org/, click “Sign Up”, click “I belong to a Parish or Organization”. In the “Find your Parish” box, type “Brainerd”, select “St Francis”, click “Next”, and create your account.
EWTN Television Stations:
- CTC – Channel 22
- DirecTV – Channel 370
- Dish Network – Channel 261
- USCCB president's reflection and prayer during Coronavirus
- Mass readings for each day
- Real Presence Radio
- Mass on EWTN
- How to pray the rosary
MAGNIFICAT: During this challenging time, Magnificat is providing complimentary access to their online version to help people pray from home. Please visit https://us.magnificat.net/free to subscribe. In addition to its online edition, MAGNIFICAT is offering complimentary access to its iOS and Android Apps throughout May. To register for free access in English, visit www.magnificat.com/free. For free access in Spanish, visit and register at www.magnificat.com/gratis. We are also happy to make available complimentary access to MagnifiKid. Visit www.magnifikid.com/free to view and download each weekly booklet of our colorful Sunday missalette for children ages 6 through 12. While so many children are missing formal religious instruction and are unable to attend Mass, MagnifiKid! can be their special guide, accompanying them through each week as they prepare to attend Mass or watch it at home.
Welcome to our Catholic Parishes!
Welcome to St. Andrew and St. Mathias Catholic Churches. We welcome you to join us for Mass. Perhaps stick around for coffee and treats after each 10:00 Sunday Mass, join a small group Bible study, take time in our Adoration Chapel, or help us house the homeless at our church. We look forward to welcoming you and serving together in the name of Christ!
New Mobile App
1108 Willow Street, Brainerd MN 56401
Monday thru Friday 8:30 am- 1:30 pm
*When public Masses resume, our standard schedule is as follows:
Tuesday at 5:30 pm
Wednesday at 8:00 am
Thursday at 8:00 am
Saturday at 4:30 pm
Sunday at 10:00 am
Traditional Latin Mass: 2nd Sundays at 12:00 pm
NOTE: There will be no Latin Mass on Easter Sunday, April 12, 2020.
Friday at 8:30 am
Sunday at 8:00 am
Low Gluten Hosts (less than 20 ppm) are available. Please see an Usher before Mass.
Tuesdays from 4:30-5:15 pm at St. Andrew's
Saturdays from 3:30-4:15 pm at St. Andrew's
First Sundays of the Month from 7:30-8:00 am at St. Mathias
Or by Appointment 218-829-1340